RE: FM5.5.3 crashing on print?

Diane,
I've seen more of this problem than I want to think about.  In my office we
have several people who think they know all about just about everything and
I have been butting heads with some of them about this issue.  Sometimes it
will appear to work just fine and then a new application will be installed
and the problem will come back.  This leads people down the wrong path for
solutions.  The problem is in fact the out dated printer driver that Windows
installs (version 4.00.xx).

The solution is to go to the Adobe site and download the latest printer
driver installer, I use 4.2.1.  Use this to re-install all of your printers
(or at least you default printer).  That should clear up the problem.  In
fact I have found that re-installing the printers will often fix many of the
Weird errors that crop up from time to time.

Steve Schwedland
Digital Publishing Facilitator
SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated
Worldwide Product Information Development
5757 Central Avenue, Suite G
Boulder, CO 80301
Telephone: (303) 440-0909; ext. 133
Fax: (303) 440-6369