Re: Character Formatting in Cross References

Mark & all...

If other solutions are not proffered, you might consider using a
scripting product (we use FrameScript) to do this.  If you did so, and
if *ALL* occurrences of "TELEform" had to appear as you describe, you
would not have to worry about the original or subsequent appearance of
the word -- following generation/update of cross refs you can run the
script and fix everything everywhere in one document or a whole book.

Since FrameScript does have a learning curve, it is probably not the
answer if this is the only scripting need you have.  However, as we
have, I suspect that you would have a variety of needs for a scripting
program if you are a heavy FM user.

FrameScript contact is:
  Frank Elmore <elmsoft@mindspring.com>

I have a script that can already do 90% of what you need and the other
10% will just take a little experimentation.  Since I do not have a
programming background, this little script tested me, but in the
interest of generally promoting FrameScript use (and thus further
development of the product which helps ME) I can send you a copy of
the script if you acquire FrameScript.

I have no connection or relation to FrameScript other than as their
customer.

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991