Re: Looking for a Frame+SGML 5.5 plug-in

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:31:09 -0500 , "Schwedland, Steve"
<Schwedsl@corp.sykes.com> wrote:

>I am in search of a plug in for Frame 5.5 that will automatically go
>through a document and name all of the elements.  I am going out of my
>mind doing this by hand, and I do not yet have the FDK available to me
>to create one for myself.

If you have the skills to use it (I.e., are a C programmer), and
have MS VC++ 4.x available (the only supported compiler), you can
download the FDK (for 5.5 only) from:

  http://beta1.adobe.com/ada/framefdk/main.html

It's a multi-piece download, and there is one tiny but oh-so-helpful
file missing (write me off-list about that), but it is now free.  I
could not find a license agreement, and finally got a clear answer
from Adobe about that:

>Any product you develop and market using the Frame FDK is yours alone.
>There is no copyright notice requirement by Adobe.  The FDKs are posted
>for use at no charge and carry no additional license.
>
>Thanks for contacting Adobe Developers Association.

I gather that what you get for joining ADA is an additional set of
sample apps, and direct tech support.  But if you read the .h files,
and read the enormous PDF docs *very* carefully, you can manage...
OTOH, if you *can* afford the $1K/year membership, you may well save
enough engineering time in a month or two to pay for it... your call.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/