Re: Graphic Formats

Christa,

I believe it's important to know the origin of the graphics. In a project I
had, the original images were scanned in and then saved in WMF format.
Although WMF is a vector format and should reproduce well at all
resolutions, since the originals were scanned at 72dpi, there was only so
much material (bits) to work with.

Working with outside commercial trade printers, I tend to use EPS rather
than WMF as a good vector format for most art and I use TIFF (raster) for
photographs and such.

I tend to have less problems with the commercial printers using these two
file types, although I have shoved through a few WMF graphics.

Dennis

"Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings@homewireless.com> on 11/02/98 12:36:40 PM