RE: PDF colours disappear

Steve,

What is your DEFAULT printer?

Our normal network (& therefor default printer) is a
B&W HPLaserJet5.  When I save as a *.ps file then Distill with
that printer as default, I get B&W images.
I usually just save as PDF, same result.

Changing the printer to Acrobat Distiller or our HPLJ Colour printer
while in FM with the B&W HPLJ as default still produces B&W images, btw.
 You must set the default printer through the Win 95 (NT as well?) Start
| Control Panel | Printers | Properties window.

If I set the default printer to Acrobat Distiller,
then save as *.ps file then distill, I get colour.
This also works for saving as PDF, saving a step,
which I actually do most of the time.

The other option is to set Acobat Distiller as your default printer,
then just switching to your normal printer for draft / hard copies.

Caution:  We have a problem in doing this in that after I select our
HPLJ5 in FM,
with Acrobat Distiller as the Win 95 default printer, I then have to go
into the
properties for the HPLJ5 and switch the paper tray selection to
automatic from manual.)