Re: best deal on new purchase

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:22:48 -0500, "Ekberg, Tom" <TEkberg@coyotetech.com>
wrote:

>When I'm looking for a good price, the first place I look is eBay
>(http://www.ebay.com/).  Just search for framemaker and see what
>matches.  Currently there are 5 people selling some version of Frame 5,
>one trying to sell Frame 4 and one person selling Frame 5.5.  The
>current bids are $29-$69, $10 and $157.5, respectively.

I want to offer a hearty "second" to this recommendation.  So far
I've purchased the complete Office 95 with print docs, and Office
97 Pro CD only, for $31 and $34 respectively, including shipping.
These are full, not upgrade, versions, and I've already ordered
the SR-2 replacement CD from Microsoft based on the second one,
so they are fully legal.  If they have what you want, they are
hard to beat!  And the auction part was fun... <bg>

>The other place I would look is http://www.shopper.com/.  There have a
>lot of computer-related items listed.  Basically, they collect prices of
>products from several sources and present them to the potential buyer
>sorted by price.  Enter framemaker in their "Quick Search" window and
>then click on the category you are interested in.  Then click on the
>item to go to the seller's web site to purchase the item.  There is a
>company in California that offers good prices on various computer items
>that one of our system administrators (a real tightwad) uses: H & R
>Software Technologies at 626-852-8844.

I'm not familiar with this one, but I'll check it out next time.
BTW, if any of you need 17" SVGA monitors so you can see the
FrameMaker designers at the same time as your document <g>, Sams
Club has a good one, CTX, for a mere $239; I'm using it now.
At that price, a dual-monitor setup makes lots of sense...

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message
   body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **