Re: Digest Heading - Reply

Edited excerpts:

> I find that when people reply to the list from the digest, I have to open
and read the article to see what they are replying to because the subject
line doesn't indicate the thread.  So it's more work for those who might
like to read what you wrote.  And if they do put something in the subject
line, it's often not the same as was in the original so it doesn't get
picked up in the nifty procedure below.

End first excerpt

Another item for the protocols/FAQ's. It's so easy to copy and paste the
subject into your email program's subject header. That way the reply will
be appropriately threaded. I wish more people would use it, but people are
too lazy sometimes. Or ignorant of the fact.

Next excerpt:

> (besides the speed of arrival and timeliness of replies)

End second excerpt

A lot of us actually can sacrifice the speed and timely replies as we're
lurking to learn and peruse the issues of the Framers day. Plus it only
takes an extra line or two of typing to indicate that you need to be
replied to as a cc as well as the list if you only do take the digest.

Next excerpt:

> I'd agree with Jeremy that using a mail client that will sort your mail
is
the easiest and most productive approach to use.

End third excerpt

I do use filters to sort. Digests have the best results for me in this app.

General thoughts:

The reason I prefer the digests is time and productivity. There have been
periods when I have gotten 2 or 3 weeks behind on just digests -- it's
magnified mightily when I get ALL the postings, filters working properly or
not.

My hopeful request for a TOC/IX at the beginning of the digests greatly
aids my perusal process -- they are many topics that don't interest me or
that I can offer no aid on. That does mean that I will miss an item of
great interest or two, but I reason that I missed these same items before I
ever joined the original Framers list. I seemed to get on with life without
them.

Paul