Re: Table ruling troubles

Hi Dina,

When you import a Word table into FrameMaker, the lines in the table are
rendered as custom lines, not as part of the Table Designer table
definition.

This causes the behavior you've observed: applying the table format to an
existing table doesn't remove the extra lines (because they are custom
lines, which you must remove using the Custom Ruling and Shading dialog
box).

When you create a new table, you get the lines you want, because the
settings in the Table Designer are used.

My rule of thumb is to apply "From Table" to all attributes in the Custom
Ruling and Shading dialog box immediately after spotting a table imported
from Word. This works before or after applying the table format.

HTH.

Sarah