Re: Apply Default Attribute Values

At 01:25 AM 12/19/2005, Shlomo Perets wrote:
A quick note related to previous posts in this thread: EDDs support the specification of a default value for attributes declared as optional, but not for attributes declared as required.

Shlomo, Of course--having a default contradicts requiring a value to be specified!

I don't know if my previous message on this thread made it through, but FM's notion of attribute default values came directly from SGML/XML.
--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development, and training
lprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284