RE: Printers on Windows XP

Wayne Brissette wrote:

> I'm curious if anybody has run into a problem with producing
> printed and PDF documents that I have recently on Windows XP
> with Frame 7.0... We had a hardware device that acted as a
> print server. Recently that device "died", so the IT
> department replaced it with a computer print server. When
> they did that however, it changed our printer drivers that
> were being used. Our HP printer driver that we now have no
> longer has the option of printing color (not that the printer
> actually printed color, but it was nice to be able to use it
> to produce our PostScript file). The new driver doesn't offer
> that option, so we had to switch over to the AdobePDF driver.
> This prints in color, but also causes some pagination issues
> (we have odd page breaks now that we didn't have before).

So let me get this straight: you used to print to a physical printer
using a driver that wasn't right for it and created your PDFs using a
driver that wasn't right for *that*. You don't _have_ a problem --
you're on your way to _solving_ the problems you had before, but didn't
recognize.

*Always* use AdobePDF (formerly Distiller) to create PDFs! *Always* use
the correct print driver for the specific model of physical printer
you're printing to. If you want to avoid reformatting, *always* use
fonts _actually_installed_on_your_PC_ and download them to the physical
printer; don't use fonts that are resident on the printer.

If this is too complicated or difficult, do what Stuart suggested.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs