RE: Numbered list item picks up from preceding nested list item

You can include the number or letter followed by a colon, you simply
type the desired text into the EDD as content of the "Autonumber Format"
element.

However, I believe that you really want instead of designating these
items as different numbering series (which is what the A: or N: do) you
should include an EmptyCounter building block (will display as < > )
before your existing counter.  One empty counter should be used for each
level of nesting, so a second-level list (first nested list)  has one, a
third level list has two, etc.

For example:

If level is 1:
  If context is: {first}
    Numbering properties
       Autonumber format: <n=1>.\t
  Else
    Numbering properties
       Autonumber format: <n+>.\t

 Else, if level is: 2
    If context is: ul
       Numbering properties
          Autonumber format: \b\t
    Else
       If context is: {first}
          Numbering properties
             Autonumber format: < ><a=1>.\t
    Else
       Numbering properties
          Autonumber format: < ><a+>.\t

On Tuesday, November 22, 2005 02:57 PM, Stacie Knas wrote:

| Thank you for your kind replies.  As I said, this is my
| first EDD and there's a lot I don't know so please bear with
| me.  I set up the numbering in the EDD (I want to minimize
| the available elements, and instead have the properties
| governed by where they appear):
|
| If level is 1:
|  If context is: {first}
|     Numbering properties
|        Autonumber format: <n=1>.\t
|  Else
|     Numbering properties
|        Autonumber format: <n+>.\t
|
|  Else, if level is: 2
|     If context is: ul
|        Numbering properties
|           Autonumber format: \b\t
|     Else
|        If context is: {first}
|           Numbering properties
|              Autonumber format: <a=1>.\t
|     Else
|        Numbering properties
|           Autonumber format: <a+>.\t
|
| There's more to it, of course.  There is no opportunity in
| the EDD won't let me put in a letter with a colon, n: or a:.
|  Hope this helps.
|
| I'm doing it the EDD way so that no matter where a LI
| occurs, it will be formatted correctly depending on where it
| is: numbered, bulleted, first, middle, table (haven't
| figured that one out yet, had to create a new element and
| para format), etc.

- Lester