RE: installing FM 6.0 AND FM 7.1

Lester,

This is only partially correct.  The last version installed is the default
and will open when a Frame associated file is clicked, but only if there is
no FrameMaker application already running.  If you have FrameMaker 6.0 open
and double-click a .fm file in a directory window, the file will open (or
attempt to open) in FrameMaker 6.0.

I have Frame+SGML 5.5.6, Frame+SGML 6.0, Frame 7.0 and Frame 7.1 all
installed on my system right now and I don't have any trouble working in the
different versions ... ever.  In fact, you don't actually have to install
Frame on any particular system to run it.  I routinely access my computer's
Frame directory from other systems on my network and just run the needed
version from that drive.  FrameMaker is very good about keeping everything
it needs in the FMHOME directory.  Nothing essential gets loaded into any
other directory, so there is no overwriting of system dll's or anything like
that.

Steve

	Stephen L. Schwedland	steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	7951 Depew Street		phone: 303-412-5424