RE: Workflow

Framers;

I work in an environment where review comments, whether the source is (ugh) Word or Frame, are largely done as Word tables (columns for page number, line number etc.), the idea being that the comments can be merged and sorted (actually I've proven this is not possible because Word's sort routine is too smart and sorts, e.g. "5-10" as negative 5!).

I do my comments as marked up PDF files in the hopes that I'll be joined one day by others.

While I'm a big enthusiast for this method, and it's vastly superior to the Word-based method that has evolved, I do think that it requires some training. Most people are barely aware that Acrobat can do postit-notes, let alone attach a note to a strike-through or highlighted region of text (or even to a rectangle or other shape).

I do agree that doing reviewing directly in Frame could be very dangerous. Are people going to insert paragraphs with the right tags? Use the right character formats? What if someone who is a subject matter expert, but not a Frame expert, formats 10 pages of wonderful comments with manually applied styles?

- David Crowe