XDocBook with different templates?

Hello!

I'm using the XDocBook application for strucured authoring
shipped with FrameMaker 7.0/7.1. I've made a few adjustments to
the edd and template of course to suit our needs.

Now I have a problem that I can't figure out a good solution to.
Our marketing people have decided to use different colours for
different products, which means that I need to have top/bottom
page lines, table borders and other stuff in a different colour
depending on the source document (product). The rest of the
template - page layout, paragraph formats .... is the same for
all products.

Any good solution to this available? I'd like to avoid
duplicating the template file as any adjustments or additions to
the templates used would require updates of several files.

Using XML tags/attributes,

is it possible to change the color definition of objects in the
master page/reference page or somehow change the color
definition for a named color if the named color rather than the
color definition is used by framemaker for object colors?
Or is it possible to change which master page to use?

or as a worst case, is it possible to change which template file
to use for the application?

--
Fredrik Nyman
PacketFront Sweden AB