Re: tools to list variables, conditional text, etc

Hi, Ananda:

You can search a MIF file for "variable," without quotes, to see how user and system variables are identified.

In a MIF file, you can search and replace the text of a variable's name or definition, then save and open the MIF file in FM.

Be careful not to lose any of the syntax characters, like angle brackets (<), etc. When deleting a variable and its definition, delete the syntax statements that surround it.

I'm sure this can be embellished and automated with some text-scripting tool, if there's no dedicated utility for the task.

HTH

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices