RE: Text disappearing in PDF

Hi Furia

Just thought I'd add a couple of things to this, even though it's well
after the original discussion. I just got back from holiday. We've seen
this behaviour too, and had to drop the resolution to 300dpi. That seems
to have solved it.

First, we can reliably tell if a PDF is "broken" by opening the
postscript file in a text editor and searching for "grenewfont" (make
sure the search is not case sensitive). If we find that, the PDF made
from the postscript will be broken. If we don't find that, it's okay.

Secondly, you have to drop the resolution in two places in the printer
driver. From an email Dov sent me on the topic:

There are TWO separate places in the driver where you must change
the resolution:

        General=>Printing Preferences=>Layout=>Advanced
and
        Advanced=>Printing Defaults=>Layout=>Advanced

Actually, all settings in those two dialogs must match.

HTH, Rebecca

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.