Re: Mail-merge in FM

Becky:

I think you may be remembering a unix script that might have had something to do with mifmuncher.

You're really talking about database publishing, in a limited sense for this particular application. There's information on database publishing in FM, in the one of the online PDF manuals, either "Customizing FrameMaker Products," or "MIF Reference."

If this is simply a mail-merge process for letters and you're no longer on unix, you probably could save lots of time and effort by using MS Word. On unix, perhaps OpenOffice offers mail-merge.

Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices
FrameMaker training, coaching, consulting, template design
http://www.knowhowpro.com
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat,
InDesign, WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
Phone: 612.823.7113 Fax: 413.832.3550