Re: Converting structured frame documents with Mif2Go

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 00:08:04 -0400, "Peter Desjardins"
<peter.desjardins@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have been converting to a structured format for my Framemaker 7
>documents and am now wondering whether I can use it and continue
>to convert the Frame documents to HTML using Mif2Go.

Sure.

>What worries me are the cross-references.  Now that my cross-
>references refer to elements instead of paragraphs, can I
>configure Mif2Go to create HTML links in their place?

You don't have to do a thing.  Mif2Go treats those just like
any other xrefs or hyperlinks.

>My structured cross-references do not use the cross-reference
>markers that were in the non-structured versions.  The structured
>cross-references rely on attributes set on the referenced element.

Right.  We process those attributes.

>Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Yes, we have.  <vbg>

>Can I adjust my EDD to work better with Mif2Go?  Can I
>configure Mif2Go to work better with my structured document?

Have you actually had any problem doing this?  If so, do
let us know; you can write directly to the support address
found in Appendix D of your Mif2Go User's Guide.  (We're
not mentioning it on-list because it bypasses our spam
filters. ;-)

>Thanks.

Quite welcome!  We always want to hear our users' concerns.
We're in process of adding some more improvements for Frame
structured docs, to simplify creation of hierarchical XML;
it's a good time to send us suggestions for new features
in those areas.

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/