Re: Comparison of WebWorks and MIF2GO

[ The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
  This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list. ]

From: "Paul Turner" <paulturner1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Many of us across the planet are looking for a comparison and critiques of
> WebWorks and MIF2GO, now that Macromedia has decided not to continue
> development on RoboHelp for FrameMaker.

I made a similar request a couple of years ago. I could probably
look up all the messages and forward them to you, but essentially
I learned the following:

* Very few people have tried both products in real projects.
  Playing with a demo or similar a short time won't give you
  a real feel for the product's strengths and weaknesses.

* Simple feature-by-feature comparisons won't say much.
  It's more a matter of *how* things are accomplished.
  Is there a GUI, do you need to learn a "language", etc.

* Most people were very satisfied with the product they chose
  to use, and didn't find a reason to try the other product.

* The people using MIF2GO were generally more enthustiastic
  about the product than the people using WWP, especially
  considering the cost.

Just have this in mind as the replies keep coming.