Re: Adobe FrameMaker End-of-Life for Macintosh Platform

At 3/29/2004 05:37 PM, Marc A.Santacroce wrote:
>So where do Mac users go from here. Can the UNIX version run on a Mac? Does anyone think Adobe will give us the "upgrade " price for swithcing to the Windows or UNIX versions? I really don't want to mess with MSWord. Does anyone have an alternative?
>

>Sincerely,
>
>Marc

No, the Solaris version of FrameMaker obviously does not run on
the Macintosh nor could it be "simply recompiled" to do so. There
are VAST differences between the Solaris environment and the
MacOS X environment, especially when it comes to integration with
the display, input, fonts, and printing subsystems.

MacOS X may have a "UNIX-like kernel" but that is where the
similarity with UNIX ends.

        - Dov