RE: Adding a prefix to the page number & getting it to show upin theTOC *SOLVED*

Hi.

Thanks to Martha J Davidson & Steart Rogers for the answer. I provide it
here for the archives.

In FrameMaker 7.0 do the following:

For each file - open the numbering properties dialog.
Go to the Chapters tab.

Change:
Chapter # 1 Type: Numeric
to:
Chapter # TextGoesHere Type: Text

Do not change the ChapterNumber variable (<$chapnum>) directly.

When you generate your TOC use:
<$paratext>\t<$chapnum>-<$pagenum>

The text you entered in the numbering properites dialog will appear in
place of <$chapnum> in the TOC.

Thanks for everyone's help.
--
Rebecca