RE: Who are these people?

Adobe's take on this is that you are not getting legal software.

First of all, most of the Adobe software on that website is not
even sold on an OEM basis for bundling with hardware. Any
CD-only packaging of such products is counterfeit.

Secondly, non-counterfeit current versions of Adobe software
can easily be moved on the open market at much higher wholesale
prices than $49. Even for distress or bankruptcy situations, this
is true. Old versions of Adobe software, such as InDesign 1 or
Illustrator 7, yes, I could see them moving for very low prices.
But even those would come in a box with documentation and support.

Finally, when Adobe does license software on an OEM basis for bundling
with hardware, the conditions for distribution of such software
are fairly strict. Such software cannot be "unbundled" for separate sale.
Adobe does not authorize anybody to so-unbundle OEM software.

So what if their FAQ says what it says? Doesn't mean that it is
correct! Would you buy the Brooklyn Bridge from those folks if their
FAQ told you that the copy they had for you was an OEM version?

        - Dov

*