RE: Symbol font weirdness in PDF

Dov Isaacs wrote:

> Having both Symbol fonts (unlike other fonts) will not hurt
> you, your system, your documents, or your love life.
>
> Unfortunately, that is the way it is currently under
> Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server. We have been looking at whether
> a change to the PostScript driver can or will fix it.

Thanks, Dov. I knew from your previous posts on this subject that it was
not only OK, but _necessary_ to have the TT version, even if you have
the PS font. I don't know how mine came to be missing, but it was easily
replaced.

And I'm willing to live with my PDFs containing the TT version of
Symbol.

I just wondered why they did, even when I select "Ignore TrueType
versions..." in Distiller -- and whether the odd (to me) Type and
Encoding entries signified something or explained what's going on. (Call
it insatiable curiosity.)

As for my love life -- what love life? I'm a divorced and cranky old
man. ;-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs