Batch removal of colored text in PDF

My client has given me a PDF to include in a Frame manual I'm developing
for him. I do not have access to the native file from which the PDF was
created. The paragraph numbers are formatted to use different colors
depending on what level they are. Cross-references are also colored. I need
all text in the PDF to be black so that it prints correctly in hardcopy.

I know how to change text color using the Text Attributes window. Is there
a way I can batch this? There are hundreds of paragraph numbers and I groan
at the tedium of doing it one number at a time. If Time Savers is the
solution, it must wait until after the Framers conference, because I'm
getting my copy there.

Carol
Carol J. Elkins         A Written Word
Technical writing, indexing, & editing