Re: Revising documents: use change bars or a character tag??

This is true (and you should always make your revisions to a copy, not the
original), but be aware that minor changes may result in seemingly identical
passages being marked as both additions and deletions. And if you do any
serious rearranging of material, virtually the entire compare document will
be marked as either an addition or deletion.

In other words, it's a great tool, but it does have limitations and foibles,
and it's good to know that going into the process.

Jo