Re: [FrameSGML] Import XML fails with odd errors

At 10:02 PM 7/16/03 +0100, Mark Barratt wrote:
>I'm trying to import some xml fragments into a structured document with
>lots of lines all like this:
>
><option value="Section_1.1_Part_A_(1)_a)" label="Section 1.1 Part A (1)
>a)" />
>
>Frame (7, Windows) generates an 'Expected comment or processing
>instruction' error for every line except the first.
>
>If I open it into a new FM document I get a file with a single element.
>
>Any idea why?

Mark,
  The error message you mention refers to text found after the end of
the highest-level element in an XML document--only comments or PIs
are permitted after the document element.
  FM 7.0 cannot import XML fragments consisting of multiple adjacent
siblings--the fragment must have a root element. It can import SGML
fragments that do not have a root. Furthermore, when it is importing
an entire XML document, it can handle references to entities consisting
of multiple adjacent siblings.
	--Lynne
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting and training
lprice@txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284

The program for the 2003 FrameUsers Conference includes several
presentations and training on XML and structured documents. See
http://www.FrameUsers.com for more information.