Re: Upper ASCII Characters in Marker Text

Dan,
  I have been unable to confirm the bug you report. I created a
marker with text "כאבפ" in a simple structured FM 7.0 document. I
wrote the document to both SGML and XML and successfully imported
the same marker text from both results. My initial tests used the
default marker representation in which the marker text appears
as an attribute. I then repeated the tests, again successfully,
exporting the marker text as the content of the element.
  I have not tested the complete character set, but I saw no
problems with what I tried.
	--Lynne

At 11:25 AM 7/7/03 -0700, DW Emory wrote:
>Using structured authoring in Frame 7.0  (I don't have it yet), a
>structured marker (e.g,. element Keyword which, is inserted in which the
>marker text contains upper-ASCII characters (e.g., a diaresis). The marker
>is exported as an empty element with attributes Type and Text. I've been
>informed by someone who tried this that, when round-tripping between XML
>and Frame, the marker comes back into Frame 7 with question marks (?)
>replacing each upper-ASCII character.
>
>Can anyone confirm this behavior in Frame 7?
>FrameMaker/FrameMaker+SGML Document Design & Database Publishing
>DW Emory <danemory@globalcrossing.net>

>** with "unsubscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.   **

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in FrameMaker+SGML consulting and training
lprice@txstruct.com
http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505
cell phone: (510) 421-2284