Re: Deleting (REALLY deleting) conditional text

John Biederman wrote:

>A couple people have helpfully suggested manually deleting the conditional
>text tag (Special > Conditional Text, select the tag, click Edit Condition
>Tag, click Delete).
>
>However, I've got 35 files in my book and 6 conditional tags. The process in
>question is used 4 times (4 sets of output files) every time the files are
>updated. For each set of output files, I have to delete 2 to 4 condition
>tags.
>
>35 x 6 x 3 (on average) = 630 operations every time I have to generate the 4
>sets of output files. As you can see, I'd greatly prefer something that
>operates on the entire book at once.

You can automate the entire process with FrameScript.

Regards,

--

David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco
mailto:david@knopf.com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training for Technical Communicators
FrameMaker ~ WebWorks ~ Structured Authoring ~ XML
WebWorks Publisher Certified
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users