Does CiteMaker work with FM6 on Solaris(8)?

Hello,

Could anyone who has made CiteMaker work with FM6 under
solaris please let me know that this is possible?  I
found that CiteMaker works with FM6 on Win2K if I avoid
specifying a nondefault location for the install.
I can't try that trick with the solaris-based
installation because the install script is based on a
single variable that determines the install path.
Basically, it doesn't seem possible for the same kind
of problem to happen.  But the Solaris FM session
crashes whenever I try to use CiteMaker.

One possible cause may be that the solaris installation
seems to target FM5.1.2, based on the fact that the
main file (after unpacking the download archive) is
CiteMakerF512.tar.Z.

Some details about the crashing under solaris:
I first set the bib database, then the template file,
then the style file.  I am told that the bib database
and the template file are valid.  When I set the style
file to ieee style, it crashes.  Same thing if I choose
plain style.  These are the styles that accompany the
installation.  I examine the FM crash log, and there
are no details that even indicate the existence of
CiteMaker.

Anyway, thanks if someone could let me know whether
they had success or failure in solving this problem
with FM6 in solaris 8.

Fred

P.S.  It is interesting to note that CiteMaker
hardcodes the full path of the bib database, template,
and style files.  It does this even if they are in the
same directory as the FM file.  This means that if you
work on different machines, you are constantly reminded
that those files cannot be found, and you have to
reselect them.  Despite this, it is a minor price to
pay for the functionality, if I can get it to work.

P.P.S.  This was sent to comp.text.frame,
adobe.framemaker, and framers.omsys.com.
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics