Re: CiteMaker problems with FM6

Sent to comp.text.frame, adobe.framemaker, and
framers@omsys.com.

Fred Ma wrote:

> So far as WIN2K goes, I managed to avoid the crashes by
> allowing the setup program CiteMakerF55.exe to install
> at the default location c:\CiteMaker.  When I
> [...]
>
> Another correction I made to maker.ini was to change
>
>    bibtool=Standard,Bibtool Utility,
>             c:\Program Files\CiteMaker\bin\bibtool.dll

>    CiteMaker=Standard,CiteMaker Utility,
>                C:\CiteMaker\Frame55\bin\citemaker.dll
>
> [...]
> The remaining problem is a show stopper  The generated
> reference list is empty, aside from the title

I think I found the problem with Citemaker.  There are
two things to keep in mind.  The first is that you
should let it install everything in the default
directories.  Otherwise, it may crash.  The other thing
is that you should only use bst files that accompany
the software (bibtex style files are described in any
latex tutorial).  I mistakenly thought that it would be
able to handle *the* ieee style file, meaning the one
gotten from ieee's web site.  It only started to work
properly when I realized that the softare package came
with its own ieee style file.

Fred
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics