Citemaker crashes with FM6

Sorry if this shows up twice.  It's been
a rough day with netscape mailer.

I've read a number of accounts of CiteMaker not
working with FM6, but also mention that it seems
to work with FM6.  For me, it crashes when I try
to generate anything.  Just wondering if anyone
has ran into the problem as well as a fix.  It
sure would be nice to have a free tool, and I've
already installed citemaker.  I realize there's
alternatives like procite, bibliographix, bibframe,
and BibDB, at the cost of more time trialing them.

Fred

P.S. Sent this to comp.text.frame,
adobe.framemaker, framers@omsys.com.