Re: Michanek's procedures to locate missing fonts

> I can search for Symbol Bolded and find instances of
> that font, though it still doesn't show up in
> the list of references for fonts, nor in the MIF
> file.

The problem may be that you're confusing "font name"
with "family name". You seem to be looking for a family
name like "Symbol Bold[ed]", whereas FrameMaker would
consider that as the weight Bold[ed] for the family Symbol.
That is, these are specified on different lines in the MIF,
and in different options in the Paragraph/Character Designer.

I'm quite sure the offending font was stored in the MIF,
but in a different way you expected. Also, as you've found out,
you must during trouble-shooting keep the preference Remember
Missing Font Names turned ON, as otherwise the original font
name will be replaced.

If some of this is not clear on my web page, I'd be happy
to receive suggestions on how to improve the text.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
http://go.to/framers/