Documented variables for use in TOC?

Hello,

I generated a TOC file in a book.  All the entries have
formatting

	<$paratext><$pagenum>

In the TOC reference page.  I formatted the TOC paragraph
definitions nicely.  Now I want to change paratext to
a variable that has both paragraph numbering and paragraph
text (it's a paragraph heading).  I thought this would be
in the online documentation under TOC, but not as far as
I can find.  It's also not under variables.  I even assumed
that the variable names would be the same as those for
cross referencing, so I used

	<$paranum><$paratext>......<$pagenum>

The dots are due to a tab with leaders.  Well, it doesn't
seem to work, so apparently, the TOC variables differ from
the variables available for cross-references.  Unless
there's something really obvious that I'm missing here.

So where is the documentation for the variables for TOC
formatting paragraphs?  Are they even documented?

Thanks.

Fred
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics