alternative to MS operating systems

For reasons too numerous to mention here, I have had it with Microsoft and
no longer wish to depend on any of their operating systems as the
infrastructure behind my PC-based independent consultant business. I had
hoped that Win2K would fix the problems I was having with Win98, but no
such luck. Although the obvious solution is to switch to Win XP, I'm tired
of implicitly supporting Bill Gates' business policies by my purchase of
his software.

I use primarily Adobe and Macromedia software products. Do any of you know
if these products will run under Red Hat Linux? Any better ideas? (Mac
owners, I love you but please resist the urge to suggest such a radical
switch.)

Carol
Carol J. Elkins         A Written Word
Technical writing, indexing, & editing