-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Stauffer [mailto:JStauffer@BeamReachNetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 1:11 PM

I'm curious as to why the MIF batch process is needed at all. The last time I changed to a new template, I just...

 Used Global Update to convert paragraphs;
 Imported one old file into a blank doc based on the new template;
 Used the Utilities > Create & Apply Formats for any new para and chara tags;
 Imported all formats from the new file into all applicable files in the book;
 Then did some clean-up with Silicon Prairie's Paragraph Tool.

This didn't take long. Is batch processing MIF files any faster?