Re: PCL5 Commands in Frame Files?

DING DING DING DING!

This wins the prize for most “far out” posting of the millennium (so far)
on this list ...         (8^)>

(1) There is no capability whatsoever of including PCL escape sequences in
FrameMaker document files.

(2) There is no capability whatsoever of including PCL escape sequences in
PDF files.

(3) Prepress service providers and printers work with devices that input
PDF and/or PostScript, not PCL. And certainly any digital printing device
(i.e., laser printer device) used by same even if they had a PCL “emulation”
capability, would have PostScript as its primary input.

(4) The instructions provided to you are for purposes of turning an ASCII text
file into a printable PCL file or for that matter, editing a PCL file.

Bottom line is that it sounds like you are dealing with a rank amateur for a
“print vendor” who is either (a) going to run your print job on some low-end,
slow personal laser printer, (b) exceptionally “uneducated” ..., and/or (c) not
really interested in your business.

Either way, you are dealing with a lose-lose situation. Run to a different
“print vendor.”

        - Dov