Re: [PDF] Adobe FrameMaker 7.0p578 Update for Windows Released - English, French, and German

Peter,

You didn't miss anything, obviously!     (8^)>

The current update is for Windows only for English,
French, and German. Other languages to come.
Any Mac version of the update will obviously not
address most of the issues of the Windows update
which are very Windows-specific.

In particular, support for Acrobat 6 in FrameMaker 7
is Windows-specific. Why? Acrobat 6 does not support
MacOS 9.x and earlier and FrameMaker does not currently
support MacOS X except under Classic Mode. Thus, there
is no change in the automatic distillation mechanism
available to Mac users of FrameMaker 7. They can continue
to "save as PDF" to Acrobat 5.0.5 in MacOS 9.x and
earlier or in MacOS X Classic Mode OR they can print
PostScript to "File" and manually distill that PostScript
with Distiller 6 under MacOS X Native Mode.

        - Dov