Re: PDF Creation Problem

Barb,

You wrote:

>I ran into a problem trying to create (for only the second time, and the
>first was a while back) a PDF of a FM file, and am hoping someone can tell
>me how to go about solving it. It's a generated TOC file, if that's
>relevant.

(Sorry - I read the digest yesterday and was side-tracked by the
  "Optimize for..." issue).

If it's FM5.5.6 and a generated TOC with "Generate Acrobat Data"
enabled, then the problem is very likely related to this bug:

"FrameMaker crashes when directly printing a file with ObjectId hypertext
markers
(typically TOCs and generated lists with Acrobat data)"
http://www.microtype.com/resources/bugs/ObjectIDprint.html

In the list of FM Known Bugs/Issues
(http://www.microtype.com/resources/fmbugs.html)
it has "(fixed in FM6.0)" in front of it. But the workarounds listed
there (I offered these at the time through the mailing list)
should prevent the crash.

I don't use FM5.5.6 anymore, but remember it fondly as a good workhorse!

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker, Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers
FrameMaker-to-PDF Assistants: Form, Navigation, Presentation, Defaults