RE: PDF Creation Problem

Barb -

If you're using FM 5.5.6; Acro 4.0; Win98, then you definitely need to use the two-step process of creating a PostScript file then distilling it.

Create a second printer instance of Distiller with the port set to "File" and use it for generating the PS file. After creating this printer instance, look through the Defaults and Properties dialogs and make sure True Type fonts are downloaded as soft fonts and in Native or Type 42 format.

I would also recommend setting the PostScript Options to "Optimize for Portability" initially. When everything is working OK, try changing this to "Optimize for Speed."

Hope this helps.

Jim Stauffer
Sr. Technical Writer
BeamReach Networks