RE: XML from Visio and the validity of a $3 bill

Again, there are really a bunch of issues here:

(1) Currently, SVG import into FrameMaker loses its scalability
and vector properties, i.e. it is lossy. This could change in
the future but currently your PDF and printed results could be
rather dismal from imported SVG.

(2) SVG import into other main-line publishing programs and
word processors is even spottier.

(3) Ability to print SVG for publishing purposes is very
limited.

There is no question that SVG currently has some interesting
applications, but for typical print and PDF publishing workflows,
it does not currently have the attributes that allow it to
be anything like a universal format.

        - Dov