Re: FM 5.5.6 in Win XP -- OK?

Graham,

(1) Although Adobe doesn't officially support FrameMaker 5.5.6 under
Windows XP, you can probably easily get it to install and run without
too much of a problem.

(2) Unless you need Multiple Master font support, you don't need ATM
under Windows 2000 or XP for Type 1 font support. Use ATM Lite or Deluxe 4.1
for Multiple Master support or ATM Deluxe 4.1 for font management functions.
Don't even think about installing any earlier ATM version under Windows 2000
or XP.

(3) Adobe does NOT support Acrobat 3.0x under Windows 2000 or XP. Don't
even think about installing it!!!! In fact, although Acrobat 4.05 can
be forced (albeit poorly) to run under Windows XP, Adobe really only
supports Windows XP with Acrobat 5.0.5.

        - Dov