----- Original Message -----
From: <ragnar.hanas@piara.com>
> Changing the maker.ini this way works fine, what I asked for was a way of
> changing the Smart Quotes without having to quit FM and changing
maker.ini.
> [...] It should
> be quite possible to write the hex codes for single and double Smart
quotes
> in a number of languages for the maker.ini file. Oddly enough, this seems
> be very specific country by country.

This is just a comment. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel it would
be natural for the Language property of a paragraph to control what
characters are used for Smart Quotes? These typographic quote characters
differ from language to language (or is it possibly from country to
country?).
Why isn't FM implemented so that when you type in a German paragraph,
you get German Smart Quotes, as well as German spelling and hyphenation,
and the same for all other languages?

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work? It seems like such an easy
thing to implement.