Re: Updating a Character format

> ... I have changed the Character formatting (same name just
> different characteristics) and have been looking for a way to update
> all of my Book documents without having to open each one (sadly I have
> done this several times already).

If you import character formats to the book, it applies those
formats to all files in the book. Here's how you do it:

  1) Open the book and the file containing the new character
     format. Bring the book to the front.

  2) File -> Import -> Formats

  3) Select the right file from the dropdown at the top of the
     dialog box.  Uncheck everything but "Character Formats."

  4) Click Import, sit back, and let the computer do the work. :-)

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives