ANN: XML, FrameMaker training from Scriptorium Publishing (NC, USA)

XML and FrameMaker training from Scriptorium Publishing

Need professional training? Our public training classes maximize your time
and money with practical instruction and professional training
supplements.  Our private training classes are customized to fit your needs
and your materials. Scriptorium Publishing is an Adobe Certified Training
Provider and home of the authors of FrameMaker 7: The Complete Reference.

Scheduled public classes are offered in Cary (Research Triangle Park),
North Carolina, USA; our office is 10 minutes from the Raleigh-Durham (RDU)
airport. Classes are limited to six participants. Private training is
available at your site or ours.

Don't have the time or money for a class? Our unique workbooks offer a
low-cost alternative to training and are full of hands-on exercises,
instructional videos, and tips from expert users. For more information see
www.scriptorium.com/books.

Here's our winter/spring schedule of public classes.  (We offer a 10%
discount for registering 3 or more weeks in advance; contact us for
multiple-registration discounts.)

 >XML and Structured Authoring (This class is not FrameMaker based.) ($800
1 day)
This course is intended for technical writers and other content creators
who are exploring the possibility of using Extensible Markup Language (XML)
and structured authoring in their publishing efforts. The course provides a
solid introduction to XML and explains how XML can fit into a technical
publishing environment.
-February 27-28
-April 24-25

 >Unstructured FrameMaker 7: Accelerated Introduction ($800, 2 days)
This fast-paced, intensive class teaches you about the basics of
unstructured FrameMaker and then shows you how to use the advanced
capabilities of this very powerful tool. You'll learn about FrameMaker's
time-saving features such as cross-references, variables, and conditional
text. You'll generate a table of contents and an index, and work with
tables, paragraph tags, and character tags.
-February 18-19
-April 8-9

 >Advanced Unstructured FrameMaker 7: Template Design ($1100, 2 days)
During this class, you will build a FrameMaker template by adding master
pages, paragraph and character tags, table tags, and other formats to a
default FrameMaker document. You will add and implement color, and
incorporate time-saving features (such as automatic running headers and
footers) to boost the productivity of the writers using your template. You
will also create companion templates for tables of contents and indexes.
-February 20-21
-April 10-11

 >Structured FrameMaker 7: Introduction to Authoring ($1100, 2 days)
This course introduces you to FrameMaker's structured interface and shows
you how to create documents with elements. Learn about elements, their
relationships to each other, and how to manipulate them in the structure
view. You'll create content by inserting elements for text,
cross-references, variables, and other components. By working with the
elements in a sample structured template, you'll see how templates provide
you with a structure for your document and offer time-saving features such
as automatic insertion of elements.
-March 3-4
-April 28-29

 >Advanced Structured FrameMaker 7: Building EDDs ($1100, 2 days)
This class shows you how to plan and design a structured template, or
element definition document (EDD). First, you will learn about document
analysis and its critical role in the EDD creation process, and then you
will create an EDD. You will define container elements, and you will add
elements for document components such as footnotes, cross-references, and
graphics. You will also implement general rules, set up
inclusions/exclusions and automatic insertion of children, add formatting
to the EDD, and add prefixes and suffixes to elements.
-March 5-6
-April 30-May 1

 >Advanced Structured FrameMaker 7: Structure Applications ($550, 1 day)
This course shows how to create structured applications for converting
FrameMaker files to tagged output (such as XML). Learn about importing and
exporting structured content.
-March 7
-May 2

FOR MORE INFORMATION: