Re: Font Substitution from Arial to Helvetica

Yep! You should ALWAYS install on your desktop system any and all fonts
that you reference in your documents. One of the biggest mistakes that
was made in the early days of Windows was allowing the OS to "fake" support
for fonts that were only "printer" resident. That is, by the way, why I
continue to recommend that users edit their PPD files (per my previous
postings as to where those are located and to also clobber the corresponding
.BPD files after performing the edit) to eliminate all font references other
than Courier. In this way, you find out about font problems when you first
compose the document, not when trying to print or create PDF files.

        - Dov