RE: Cross-reference using marker text?

Shlomo Perets:

> Use hypertext markers in the buttons to link to the target location,
> this will also let you control the active area precisely so that the
> button interactivity looks better (entire button highlighted versus
> just the linked word).
>
> If the button labels exactly match the wording used in the heading
> (which does not seem to be the case here), you could also break-up
> the heading so that it is composed of a number of paragraphs with
> the run-in pagination property (except the last fragment). You can
> then use regular cross-references, adjusting TOC specification as
> necessary.

Alas, despite my best efforts, I wasn't clear enough. In the manual, the
icons don't function as buttons. They don't have any text on them -- what I
described as "labels" is a concise bit of descriptive text alongside each
icon's image. The toolbar description is currently laid out as a table, with
the "label" in the first column, the image in the second, and a more
detailed description in the third.

But your suggestion about the run-in property just might give me the
answer -- I'd have to rewrite that heading a little, but it shouldn't be a
big problem.

Thanks heaps!

Michael Lewis

Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia