Re: Conversion tables

The usual process is to wrap the HeadingX titles in
whatever you're using to contain titles, then wrap
the titles & paragraphs in section elements. A (very
sketchy) DocBook conversion table would look something
like this:

Wrap this object        In this element With this qualifier
P:Heading 1     Title           h1
P:Heading 2     Title           h2
P:Para          Para

E:Title[h1],Para*       Sect1
E:Title[h2],Para*       Sect2
(Sect1|Sect2)+  Chapter

You can have the conversion table do as much of the
structuring as you want, although in my experience you
start hitting diminishing returns at around 90% complete
(assuming complexity you typically see in a documentation
project). Since you probably won't use the conversion
table much after the initial flurry, go for the low-hanging
fruit and fix the harder stuff by hand.

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives

etienneg@interlog.com
Sent by: bounce-framers-84669@lists.FrameUsers.com
11/07/02 03:49 PM
Please respond to etienneg