From: Thomas Michanek [mailto:thomas.michanek@telia.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:07 AM
To: Ede, Craig
Cc: Free Framers
Subject: Re: UNIX FM5.5.6 /tmp directory error

> I'm getting a lot of errors involving .fm* directories in
> /tmp while running fmbatch scripts in FM5.5.6.
>
> The errors typically read something like:
> rmdir: directory "/tmp/.fmU2g3SUL.xxx": Directory not empty.

It would help to know what your fmbatch script looks like.
Are you yourself issuing the "rmdir" command; if so why?
Or is this something that FM seems to be invoking?
What commands are you using and when does the error occur?

Your description of the /tmp/.fm* directories is correct,
and it seems like you or FM is trying to delete files
before the associated document has been able to "recover"
these files, perhaps during save.