Some (not all) PDF pix file letterforms antialiasing

I use a MacOS bitmap type family, Mini7, in some figures in our doc suite.
All pix imported into the FM source files are gifs. The letterforms print
crystal clear from either Photoshop, and more to the point, Frame and
Acrobat, from the Mac to our stupid sh***y clone Mita printer. But they
anti-alias when printed from most of the PCs in the office. Two notable
aspects:
- we're printing full size, that is, withOUT the shrink to fit option
- this is the kicker: I've seen instances when some, but not all, of the
type in a given figure is antialiased on the printed page
- the figures look fine (great, actually :) in the PDF file.

Is there a controllable reason why this is happening?

Bart Windrum
GUI Fit&Finish and Documentation
Diogenes Inc.
410 17th St. #1260