Re: CMYK or RGB? Macintosh or Windows? How's a poor guy toupgrade?

On the page layout software front, he may want to carefully consider
QuarkXPress vs InDesign. Although my work has taken me into the Framemaker
realm, I used to be an independent Authorized QuarkXpress Trainer. These
days... I have used no layout app other than FM for 2 yrs and never
InDesign. Back in my time 'with' Quark they asserted that QXP was used to
layout 85% of print publications in the US. There may be feature parity
nowadays; I'm not sure. None of the DTP apps are inexpensive enough to do
what I did in 87: buy two of each flavor and learn them. This man's
environment may dictate which app to use but he would be smart to consider
those choices wisely also.

Bart Windrum
GUI Fit&Finish and Documentation
Diogenes Inc.